Visitors to the Old Anderson House Museum and the Corner of the Past historic buildings may choose to stroll through the site on their own using the audio pens and a self-guided visitor’s map or, if they prefer, an on-site docent will be happy to accompany them.
The tour begins at the historic 1875 farm house that was brought over the ice from Marinette, WI in 1885. Once the home of the Alex Anderson family, it has been carefully restored with some of their original furniture and other early 20th century pieces.
Following the house tour, guests will want to wander the 7-acre site to see the sixteen restored historic farm buildings, cottages, sawmill, and log cabins filled with authentic artifacts, vintage furnishings, displays, and collections of farm implements and tools.
The Corner of the Past and the Old Anderson House Museum is open from late May through mid-October, Tuesdays through Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm. Special events occur throughout the summer season. The price of admission is $5.00 for adults. Children 12 & under are free admission.